Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 60 years ago and today the company prides itself as being the largest privately held forest products company operating on the West Coast of Canada. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
- A competitive wage and benefits program;
- A commitment to safety standards;
- A collaborative and respectful work environment.
~ Maintenance Planner~
The Maintenance Planner is a “hands on” role with planning and coordination of all planned maintenance activities performed at the site.
Your core Planning Responsibilities will include:
- Detailed Job planning and scoping of work
- Estimating of material and labor (internal and external) job requirements
- Identifying tool and equipment requirements
- PM and Standard Job Plan Development
- Maintenance Repair Overhaul Supply Chain Coordination
- Creation of purchase requisitions for planned work
- Creation of stock reservations for planned work
- Kitting and staging of job material requirements
- Coordinating with operations, purchasing, materials management, maintenance personnel and maintenance management
- Identifies recommendations and or areas for improvements
Your Administrative Responsibilities will include:
- Maintains essential records and files from which management reports are prepared and distributed.
- Enters purchase requisitions for all planned services
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Bills of Material (Parts lists) for assets including ensuring current information is accurate
- Reviews all work order feedback and updates PMs and Standard Work Orders accordingly
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, team building and negotiations skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion and judgment
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proven ability in safety, leadership, and achieving goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Read and generate AutoCAD drawings
- Post-secondary degree, preferably a diploma in engineering technology or technical trades background (Red Seal Certification)
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a maintenance function, preferably a planning function in an industrial environment
- Good working knowledge of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
~ Temporary ~ Technical Support Specialist
To provide professional IT service and support to the company systems and employees. To work in collaboration with the Manager, Information Technology and fellow colleagues in the organization and administration of the IT Department and related systems.
- Setup and maintain client and production workstations, company network servers, miscellaneous computer peripherals and scheduled backups.
- Install and control approved software on client workstations and servers.
- Setup and monitor various network switch type appliances used in the LAN and at remote offices.
- Monitor local network system for problems and trouble-shoot any problems.
- Provide 24/7 network support (when required) via a VPN connection from home computer.
- Search for, download and install various software upgrades and patches.
- Fabricate and repair network cables and deploy network cable runs.
- Set and modify network files and folder permissions .
- Manage and trouble-shoot problems with the corporate IP phone system.
- Manage internal IP addresses used on the network LAN and the WAN.
- Good knowledge of Wifi Principles
- Provide end user workstation, phone and software support for numerous applications including support to users at remote sites.
- Liaise with local vendors and suppliers and outside technical support personnel when required.
- Travel to remote office and operation locations to provide hands on hardware and or software support.
- Produce documentation as necessary.
- Setup and manage firewall hardware appliances.
- Setup and manage the system to allow approved employee access to approved, appropriate locations on the internet.
- Ensure all systems are protected from viruses and spam.
- Monitor system protection updates and combat any virus outbreaks.
- Monitor network, website, email and FTP systems for unauthorized access.
- Create custom visual basic applications for a large variety of jobs.
- Update and enhance custom access database applications.
Internet / Web related
- Maintain and update corporate internet and intranet sites using template based web tools
Graphics, Desktop Publishing and CAD
- To use graphics programs
- To organize and manage a library of corporate photographs and other assorted graphic and multimedia data.
- To utilize electronic drafting programs to create and modify design drawings.
- MUST be able to travel to the USA
Become a part of our team by sending your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.