Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 60 years ago and today the company prides itself as being the largest privately held forest products company operating on the West Coast of Canada. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
- A competitive wage and benefits program;
- A commitment to safety standards;
- A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Become a part of our team by sending your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please check in often for position vacancies. Or, send us your resume. We review all resumes we receive. Thank you!
~ SAFETY CO-ORDINATOR ~
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for health and safety direction, guidance and support on the Surrey site, Revelstoke, Salmon Arm and in coordination with Harvesting.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Requests / Support for managers
- On-the-floor assistance / guidance
- WSBC Liaison Inspections, requests for information/reporting as needed
- New employee Orientations
- Employee Handbooks
- Crew talk packages
- SWP updating/revising
- OHS weekly, monthly, yearly reporting
- Injury Management Program (first aid, form 7, investigation, IM/RTW packages, communicate with supervisors, doctors, WSBC, payroll, therapists)
Program Development and/or Maintenance
- Annual review of all programs and written procedures
- COR Program – CAL action plan, scheduling, auditing, coordinating, maintain corporate consistency, communicate
- Supervisor Safety Audits
- Employee training tracking, scheduling and delivering
- Inspection reports – enter, disseminate, update, check
- Documentation projects (reporting & investigation process)
- Corporate OHS Goals
- Dust Mitigation, Confined Space, Fall Protection Plans, Fire Safety Plans, Crane & Hoist Inspection Program and Respirator program
- New & Young Worker Program reviews/tracking
- Develop and provide training packages for various positions
- Noise Exposure Testing
- Confined space drills
- TDG Surrey Site
- Maintains professional and specialized knowledge by keeping abreast of new developments/regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills;
- Previous experience in a Saw Mill or heavy industry preferred;
- CRSP Accreditation preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- Thorough knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office software systems;
- Can work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team.
~ Technical Support Analyst ~
To provide professional IT service and support to the company systems and employees. To work in collaboration with the Manager, Information Technology and fellow colleagues in the organization and administration of the IT Department and related systems.
- To setup and maintain client and production workstations.
- To setup and maintain company network servers.
- To setup and maintain Hyper-V virtual machines (VMs)
- To setup and maintain miscellaneous computer peripherals including printers, plotters, faxes, projectors, etc…
- To setup and maintain regularly scheduled backups for all important company data including data at remote offices.
- To install and control approved software on client workstations and servers.
- To setup and monitor various network switch type appliances used in the LAN and at remote offices.
- To monitor local network system for problems and trouble-shoot any problems.
- To provide 24/7 network support (when required) via a remote connection.
- To search for, download and install various software upgrades and patches.
- To fabricate and repair network cables and deploy network cable runs
- To set and modify network files and folder permissions to ensure only approved users have access to specific data on the network.
- To manage and trouble-shoot problems with the corporate IP phone system.
- To manage internal IP addresses used on the network LAN and the WAN.
- Microsoft SQL Administration.
- Provide end user workstation support – i.e. client workstation trouble-shooting.
- Provide user software support for numerous applications including Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Graphics program etc.
- Provide support to users at remote sites using a variety of remote support tools.
- To liaise with local vendors and suppliers and outside technical support personnel when required.
- Travel to remote office and operation locations to provide hands on hardware and or software support.
- To assist end users with any internal phone problems.
- To produce documentation to explain procedures or technical specifications.
- To manage firewall hardware appliances that protects the corporate LAN’s connection to the Internet and allows remote locations access to the corporate network (WAN).
- To setup and manage the system to allow approved employee access to approved, appropriate locations on the internet.
- To ensure all systems are protected from viruses and spam.
- To monitor system protection updates and combat any virus outbreaks.
- To monitor network, website, email and FTP systems for unauthorized access (i.e. hackers and spammers) and neutralize threats when they arise.
- To create custom visual basic applications for a large variety of jobs.
- To update and enhance custom access database applications originally produced by employees or contractors including log, HR/First aid, mill production and maintenance database applications.
Internet / Web related
- To create website and private intranet site from scratch using:
- Adobe Flash
- Numerous graphic program to edit the images and pictures used on the site
- To update both corporate public website and private intranet site when necessary or requested via a WordPress interface.
- To manage Internet Information Server system.
- To manage corporate FTP site access and content.
- To manage use of the public IP addresses held by the company.
Graphics, Desktop Publishing and CAD
- To create/ modify logos for company letterheads.
- To use graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Corel Draw and SnagIt to create graphics used company marketing brochures, fliers and posters.
- To create graphic layout for company advertisements used in printed media.
- To create packaging and display graphic artwork.
- To organize and manage a library of corporate photographs and other assorted graphic and multimedia data.
- To utilize electronic drafting programs to create and modify design drawings.
- To attend relevant training courses to help increase technical knowledge and provide a higher level of support.
- To act as a Project manager for various corporate custom software / hardware solutions being developed by outside contractors which include:
- Liaising with outside contractors regarding solution needs and completion milestones as well as providing project information required by the contractor.
- Liaising with internal personal that will ultimately use the new systems to ensure that their system needs are met.
- Testing systems during development to understand how they work and ensure that the project goals are being met.
Train or arrange for training for internal personnel that will ultimately use the finished system.