Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 60 years ago and today the company prides itself as being the largest privately held forest products company operating on the West Coast of Canada. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
- A competitive wage and benefits program;
- A commitment to safety standards;
- A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Become a part of our team by sending your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please check in often for position vacancies. Or, send us your resume. We review all resumes we receive. Thank you!
~ GIS Co-ordinator ~
This position will report to the Manager of Forestry and Engineering and will work out of our head office, located in Surrey, B.C.
- Generate composite maps displaying planned activities through the compilation of various geospatial datasets.
- Provide integrated GIS solutions and support to all company forestry activities and ongoing projects.
- Develop and update geographic information systems by harmonizing digital mapping information.
- Provide ongoing documentation, improvements, maintenance and auditing of GIS/mapping processes.
- Manage operational and landscape level data, geodatabases, data integrity and data security.
- Submit spatial data to MFLNRO for operational permitting and reporting.
The following qualifications are considered necessary to effectively undertake this position:
- Advanced diploma in GIS, Geomatics and/or related Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS 9.x.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, and problem solve.
- Must also be detail-oriented and have strong oral and written communication skills.
The following skills though not necessary would be considered an asset:
- Experience with LRDW and common B.C. Govt. datasets (TRIM, VRI, DRA, etc.).
- Working knowledge of operational forestry and other natural resource-based mapping.
- Experience with FME, XML, and B.C. Government Electronic Submission (ESF) Framework.
- Experience with Microstation, RoadEng and/or AutoCad.
- Experience with Phoenix Professional – Forest Activity and Obligation Tracking System.