Aug 09, 2023
Potomac Supply is a modern, integrated southern pine sawmill operation encompassing state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. Modern technology and a drive for excellence have enabled Potomac to become a recognized provider of quality wood products. We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast-paced environment.
We are seeking a Sawmill Supervisor to join our team! You will oversee the activities of a team of production workers.
- Coordinate the daily activities of the production and operation teams
- Supervise the daily operation of the sawmill, keeping the crew safe and productive
- Understand sawmill machine efficiency and mill flow
- Delegate production assignments to appropriate teams and personnel
- Understand and support safe work practices of a production crew
- Good communication skills with the crew, other supervisor and managers
- Interact and coordinate with other supervisors to keep the mill running efficiently
- Inspect all materials and equipment to detect malfunctions
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- 3+ years experience working in a sawmill leadership experience
- An understanding of sawmill manufacturing operation with priority on working safely.
- Must be a strong leader, be organized and have the ability to multitask
- Ability to manage all aspects of a production crew, such as scheduling, cross training, discipline and basic human resources needs
- Knowledge and understanding of sawmill manufacturing processes, electricity, hydraulics and mechanics is a plus
- Ability to use, or learn basic aspects of PC based programs such as email, Word and Excel
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Become a part of our team by sending your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com