Primary duties will include:
- Implementation and administration of the Forest Stewardship Plan for the Division’s Forest Licence and Timber Licence;
- Organizing all silviculture activities in the Fraser Valley Division;
- Co-ordinate silviculture activities in the Company’s Coastal Operations;
- Prepare Forestry Budgets and Silviculture Accruals.
- Provide liaison with First Nations, Government Agencies, and Special Interest Groups;
- Assist in the preparation and review of Cutting Permit applications, Site Plans, and Logging Plans and other projects required to meet the Company’s production objectives;
- Organize Planting, Sowing, Brushing, Silviculture Surveys, Road Deactivation and Waste and Residue programs at the Fraser Valley Division;
- Co-ordinate the Company’s Corporate Management System and Safety Management System for Forestry Activities in the Fraser Valley Division.
The following qualifications are considered necessary to effectively undertake this position:
- Currently registered with the Association of BC Forest Professionals as a Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technologist (RFT);
- Familiarity with the Legislation and Regulations governing forest practices in BC;
- Background in forestry planning, coastal engineering and silviculture operations;
- Competent with basic computer applications with a working knowledge of RESULTS, PHOENIX, SPAR, and ESF;
- Working knowledge of Commercial Contract preparation and implementation;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be self directed, and motivated, with the ability to organize and direct projects and personnel;
- Have a class 5 driver’s license.