Oct 03, 2023
Teal Jones Lumber Services
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development? When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast- paced environment.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will provide quality operational repairs and preventative maintenance services. You will be responsible for all Planer machinery and duties including:
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process;
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment;
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment and follow work procedures & processes;
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery;
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions;
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, lubricate, and perform maintenance work on machinery;
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders;
- Assemble large, precision heavy equipment for the Lumber/wood processing sector;
- Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings.
- Journeyman Millwright certification;
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Previous experience in a Planer Mill or heavy industry preferred;
- Shift work is required;
- Organizational and planning skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
- A competitive wage and benefits program;
- A commitment to safety standards;
- A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Become a part of our team by sending your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com