The Southwest Island PAG (SIPAG) held its first meeting on February 22, 2006 and now meets at least twice a year. A diverse group of local, interested parties participate as members of the SIPAG, including representatives of local businesses, Lake Cowichan Town Council, Cowichan Valley Regional District, Wilderness Watch, Pacheedaht First Nation, Cowichan Tribes, Dititdaht, and Lake Cowichan First Nation.
Members are involved in learning about forest values and forest management in the forest lands managed by the Teal-Jones Group. Members identify the values important to them and share their opinions with the group. Topics include, but are not limited to: Biological Diversity, Ecosystem Condition & Productivity, Soil and Water, Global Ecological Cycles, Multiple Benefits to Society, and Society’s Responsibility.
These discussions provide valuable input and are an integral part of the Sustainable Forest Management Plan.
SIPAG Meetings are reviewed by PAG members and are published once approved by the group.
- #36 CSA Certification, External Audit, Windthrow (June 15, 2016) – Minutes –
- #35 Elk management, SFMP Annual Report & Audits (October 28, 2015) – Minutes –
- #34 SFMP Indicators (April 15, 2015) – Minutes –
- #33 SFMP Annual Report and Audit Results (Sept. 24, 2014) – Minutes –
- #32 Coarse Woody Debris & Indicators (February 19, 2014) – Minutes –
- #31 SFMP Annual Report and Audit Results (October 30, 2013) – Minutes –
- #30 Karst (February 20, 2013) – Minutes –
- #29 SFMP Annual Report and Audit Results (October 3, 2012) – Minutes –
- #28 Terms of Reference and SFM Requirements (February 15, 2012) – Minutes –
For information prior to 2012 go to the Southwest Island PAG Meeting Archive section.